Joel and Kristin get to the heart of the matter: What is a Thought Leader, why would I want to be one, and how can I do it in 10 years or less. The show turns a little towards the navel as we try to vocalize why we started this whole thing in the first place.
- Forbes opinion of thought leadership – HUH?
- Klout (Hi Kristin, welcome to Klout! Your Klout Score is currently 43. — out of 100. boo hiss)
- TED radio hour on branding
- Squeeze page
- HBR’s steps to thought leadership – “Win Awards”, “be on TV”, etc
Joel’s Actual Steps to Thought Leadership:
- Be passionate about what you do
- Connect to the conversation
- Promote yourself as useful–without pushing your product
- Be in it for the long haul
- Know something useful